Thursday, August 18, 2005

Don't forget Lowenstein

Artist: Jason Lowenstein



Album: At Sixes and Sevens (Sub Pop)

I learned about it from: Seeing him open for Dinosaur Jr. 2005. Of course, I had already known about Jason from his Sebadoh contributions.

Comments: Honestly, I had forgotten about him. Back in the day, I really liked what he brought to Sebadoh, without whom Lou would have smothered us in pure self pity. But then he slipped from my radar at about the same time Sebadoh started to slip out of Lou's ass. So, I hadn't heard anything about him in a while. Suddenly, he was on the bill opening up for Dinosaur Jr. this summer, and I made sure to get there in time to catch his entire set. He was pretty good, stuck in 90s Sub Pop indie rock, which was quaintly appealing. I looked up his body of work online when I got home, and found one full length to his name. I think he'll be around with a solo career for a while with a single or an EP here and there. But with Sebadoh still doing just fine financially, he won't have to hold down a part time job when he's not touring.

Sound clip: Casserole | more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home